[CT Birds] Report of NHBC 1st Wednesday Walk today at Sherwood Island SP 7:30-10:00

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 4 18:19:18 EST 2012

Kris,
Thanks for the report.  And Thank you Tina for leading.  Well done.
I just want to add that about 6-7 of us went to Burying Hill Beach immediately
afterward, and we did see the adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (close views).  We
then went back to Sherwood to assist Phil Asprelli's non-starting car.  In the
process, we saw a flock of 5-6 Savannah Sparrows.
We then went to the west end of the Millpond (Hillspoint Rd), and failed to
locate the Eurasian Wigeon, but did have a Belted Kingfisher.

Frank Mantlik