[CT Birds] pole mounted squirrel baffle choice

Lynn Jones lynnjones11 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:26:20 EST 2012

I bought one of these, Erva SB8 Wrap Around Pole Squirrel Baffle, from The
Fat Robin a couple of years ago for a Sheppard's crook that I hang my
feeders on.  http://www.fatrobin.com/squirrel%20baffles.html  It's been
really effective... except when I move the pole closer to the tree and they
drop down from above.  Maybe my squirrels are too fat and lazy to try real
hard but my baffle is only at about 4 feet off the ground and still works.
Any lower though and the squirrels can just jump over it.

--
Lynn A. Jones
Museum Assistant