[CT Birds] Wallingford geese, Ora Ave, East Shore Park (NRWS, warblers)

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 17:13:11 EST 2012

Dough Gochfeld and I birded today from 0730 til 1230. Some highlights:

Wallingford, MacKenzie Reservoir - adult orange-billed GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE continues, 2 "Richardson's" CACKLING GEESE, 2
LESSER SCAUP, 2 Yellow-rumped Warblers

East Haven, Ora Ave/Proto Dr - some very birdy pockets but nothing too
unusual...both kinglets, Gray Catbird, and Savannah Sparrow probably
best birds

New Haven, East Shore Park - 2 LESSER SCAUP among several hundred
Greaters, NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW (spent most of its time
feeding over sewage plant), both kinglets, 3 (three) NASHVILLE
WARBLERS (two intensely tail-pumping birds closely associating and a
different bird among a large mixed flock), 4 Yellow-rumped Warblers,
"Western" PALM WARBLER, YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT, 3 Field Sparrows, many
Swamp Sparrows.

A few photos will be posted to my blog in the next day or so.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT