[CT Birds] Pink-footed Goose

Jan Collins jgcollins at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 12:47:10 EST 2012

1/11 Noon Somers,  PINK-FOOTED GOOSE continues in the farm pond field (to
the north of the buildings back by the brook) this morn at the junction of
9th District Rd and Hutton Rd. with several hundred Canada geese and about a
dozen Green-winged Teal in the brook. I spoke with the owner (the same folks
who gave Tom Sayers permission to put Kestrel boxes on their property which
have been quite successfull) and she did get a look through someone's scope
the other day and even though she is not that thrilled to have so many
Canada Geese taking over their pond, she did appreciate seeing the
I also spotted a PEREGRINE FALCON in the "raptor" tree on the west end of
Hutton Rd.  He kept staring at the corn fields to the west and when I looked
that way, discovered a flock of several hundred Grackles moving through the
corn stubble.  Haven't seen a flock that size since fall, guess with this
weather it still is fall!

Jan in Somers