[CT Birds] Mute swans at Bass Pond in Berlin

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Wed Jan 11 22:13:14 EST 2012

I've noted with interest this interest in Mute Swans.  We've had plenty of them on Lake Whitney for years (plus previously a cult around one nest, with pink & blue ribbons when they'd hatch).

Yet they are invasive, and I gather damaging.  And I find it a bit annoying when the casual walker can only see the big white swan, & ooh & ah about that, missing all the rest.

So, I'm curious about the general reputation Mutes have among the list.  For me, while above a Cow Bird, still not high.

	Best wishes, Arthur