[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Jan 11 23:25:34 EST 2012

Passing these along.

 From Chris Woerner
1/11/12 - Branford ,Lake Saltonstall (North End) - 21 Hooded Merganser
New Haven , East Shore Park --200 Greater Scaup, 40 Gadwall, 6 White-winged
Scoter

 From Ralph Amodei, John Barrett, Mike Mockalis:
01/11/12 - Somers, CT Ninth District Road - PINK-FOOTED GOOSE.
John and I had goose at 2-2:30 pm. Mike had it in the morning.

 From Michael Carretta
Jan 11, 2011
Fairfield Audubon Center, Burr Street, Larsen Wildlife
Sanctuary (fragrance loop trail near the main entrance)
*Species*: Brown Creeper
I spotted the Brown Creeper in the same location
two days in a row. I was also able to get a photo.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/new-england-wildlife/6680118931/in/photostream
There were also a lot of woodpeckers, nuthatches, and perching birds.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT