[CT Birds] Bald Eagle - New Haven

jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 19:22:26 EST 2012

New Haven, West River Memorial Park - Bald Eagle
After several years doing the DEP's mid-winter eagle survey and never being
successful, I finally had one perched in a tree over the river.  Once it
took flight, about 30 crows went chasing after it.

Also of note - for the first time this winter, I had a goldfinch at my
feeders.  Normally, there is between 6-12 every day during the winters.
Anyone-else seeing much fewer finches?

John Triana
jtriana1 at sbcglobal.net
"Just take your shoes off and get soulful, ya know?" - Otis Redding