[CT Birds] paucity of Goldfinch

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 14 23:04:53 EST 2012

I think their is a paucity of Goldfinch and other finches here this year at our
feeders because the wild food crop is just too abundant here in CT, esp here in
NW CT. During the Christmas census in Canton we had several very large flocks
(in the hundreds) of Goldfinch flying about and feeding on seed cones within and
under some very productive Birch trees. Why hit bird feeders when their is so
much easy food found all around them?  Maybe a good snowfall might help the bird
feeders though.