[CT Birds] juvenile coopers

mcavallero1 at comcast.net mcavallero1 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 13:33:30 EST 2012

Hi claudia
I one had a young coopers hawk here in my backyard exhibit the exact same behavior with the same bad luck!  Its amazing to see them on the ground walking around
I however once had a very shrewd immature sharpshin who not only went under the bushes but plowed into the thicket and succeeded in dragging out a junco kicking and screaming which ended up becoming the sharpies meal
I had never witnessed that type of walking attack before but it was amazing to witness
I guess hunger is a strong drive!!
Mona cavallero
West hartford ct