[CT Birds] Turkey vulture stalking the feeders in Stonington

mjdoherty15 at comcast.net mjdoherty15 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 15 16:26:56 EST 2012

Today I had a new bird at the feeders - a turkey vulture walking around no more than 10 feet from the window. Despite the cold weather, I doubt it was interested in the sunflower seed but could it have been attracted by the suet?

I looked around for carrion but saw none and my pulse was strong so it was not me it was after.

Perhaps it had tidied up the mourning dove that had died after a window strike a few days ago (a few hours after the strike there was nothing but a few feathers left) and was hoping for another one.