[CT Birds] Goldfinches, turkeys

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 16 08:54:21 EST 2012

I have noted the various comments concerning goldfinch numbers. I have only seen one American goldfinch at my solo black-oiled sunflower feeder here on South St, Washington (CT) since I put up my feeder in mid Nov 2011. I did not note any goldfinches on 17 Dec 2011 when I was doing Area K for the Woodbury-Roxbury Christmas Bird Count. I noted a general lack of 'natural' food for birds when I was doing to the 2011 Christmas Count. I was also amazed not to find one wild turkey when I was doing the Christmas Bird Count in 2011.

David W Babington
Washington, CT