[CT Birds] Pink-footed Goose - 9th District Road - Private Property

asterbunch at cox.net asterbunch at cox.net
Thu Jan 19 09:05:59 EST 2012

Hi -

The farmer who owns the land on 9th District Road, where the Pink-Footed Goose has been seen, spoke with Rick Macsuga this morning about birders are crossing into her land to observe the bird.  Apparently, some birders are observing the bird in the farmer's driveway in front of her home, hopping a fence into private property for better viewing etc....  Please note that this land is private and that birders should be respective of the farmer's land.

I am not familiar with the layout of this area but apparently the only viewing is from the side of the road.  I am not sure if parking is legal.

Thank you.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT