[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawk attacks!

Dennis Varza dennisvz at optonline.net
Fri Jan 20 16:15:14 EST 2012

Less violent but with more long lasting effects than the Common Terns
are the Least Terns.

They never hit you but aimed their fecal material at you. They dive
behind your head and at the bottom of the dive they would scream and
release their ammunition. I started taking off my good shirt and put
on an old "stained" shirt and a hat whenever working in the colony.

Dennis Varza
Fairfield Ct.