[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks meal -

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 20 20:11:38 EST 2012

Today, in front of my house, i noticed two crows that had just discovered
 a dead Squirrel at the side of the road. Soon, the local Red- Shouldered Hawk
pounced down at the crows and mantled the Squirrel for itself. It proceeded to
lift the Squirrel up from the road to a close snow mound. There it began eating
the squirrel.

Just another example of how some predators benefit from others work. In this
case the cars

killing of the Squirrel, then the discovery of the dead squirrel by the crows.
Guess we are not
 the only species who will let others do our killing for our food.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton