[CT Birds] Rusty Blackbirds

Jim Zipp jimzipp at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 21 09:26:39 EST 2012

>From Carol and Jim Zipp
1/21 - Hamden yard - 21 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS.  Our Rusty Blackbirds showed up a
little later than usual but 3 showed up on the 17th. Since then they have added
a few each day and today are up to 21 that we had on the ground together at one
time.  They have been very sporadic other than this morning in the snow when
they alternate from the ground to roosting in the trees to going to the seep for
water in the marsh where there is a bit of open water year round.

The Fat RobinWild Bird and Nature Shop
3000 Whitney Ave.  Hamden, CT 06518
www.fatrobin.com
203-248-7068