[CT Birds] Bird Sled / crow sledding

Anthony Zemba Anthony.Zemba at gza.com
Mon Jan 23 14:38:28 EST 2012

I remember reading some time ago, (I can't remember where) that an animal control company was called in to discourage some species of corvid (was it Coughs?) from sliding down the Kremlin Roof (an activity that they frequently engaged in), because the roof is plated in gold and the frequent "sledding" was causing fine slivers of gold to be scrapped off the roof by the crows toenails....no speculation as to why these birds were engaged in this activity was offered.

Anthony Zemba CHMM
Certified Ecologist / Soil Scientist
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.

655 Winding Brook Drive