[CT Birds] Red-Headed Woodpecker in East Hartford

Edward Dettore ctbirding at mail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:55:50 EST 2012

Hello All,
 I am happy to say, the Red-headed Woodpecker continues in East Hartford, on the Hocanum River Linear Trail, in the very same location (N41 46.168 W72 38.069) it has been in since I first reported it back in November. I must say, as someone new to birding (under 2 years), this find has been very exciting! Not only has it shown me how closely knit the CT birding community is, it has also sparked my 17 year old son's interest in birding, and it is now something we do together on a regular basis. I must thank fellow CT Guardsman Jonathan Trouern-Trend for turning me on to ebird, and fellow birder Randy Given for turning me on to ctbirding.org.

 Ed Dettore