[CT Birds] Black Vultures in Cheshire

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Jan 23 15:17:06 EST 2012

There must now be dozens of pairs breeding in CT as a minimum. I see multiple individuals regularly in various locations, and they are behaviorally less obvious than TVs (which of course makes locating nest sites a tad tougher as well). I've seen well over a dozen at the Norwich roost and Bob Askins has reported as many as 50+ BVs at the Smith Cove roost on the Thames for a few years now.

David Provencher