[CT Birds] Stratford Point bird walk February 21

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Jan 24 14:10:53 EST 2012

Below is the information for the next bird walk at Stratford Point - note the different than usual time, we hope many of you can make it!

Connecticut Audubon Society Conservation Biologist Twan Leenders and Conservation Technician Scott Kruitbosch will lead a public bird walk at Stratford Point on February 21 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., with an inclement weather date of February 28, same place and time. It will be a great chance to find more wintering water birds, from loons to scoters to gulls and grebes and much more. The coastal grasslands and dune habitat often attracts Snow Buntings, Horned Larks, and a variety a sparrows. It is also a good time of year to find irruptive raptors like Short-eared Owl or Rough-legged Hawk.

We will discuss the exciting habitat management and conservation projects that will be taking place at Stratford Point late this winter and into the summer. The walk will be free and we suggest bringing binoculars and a spotting scope, if you have one. Make sure to dress for the season! It is usually safe to assume that this exposed coastal spot is windier and colder than much of the state. Please meet in the visitor parking lot by the buildings. Stratford Point is located at 1207 Prospect Drive, Stratford. For more information, contact Scott Kruitbosch: skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org

========
Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society