[CT Birds] A perplexing Corvid question.............

Edgar Hurle ned at peaksparrots.com
Tue Jan 24 16:33:25 EST 2012

Hi Anthony et al.  Vultures have a very good sense of smell, and I believe they locate dead animals primarily by smell.  As to other birds, many are opportunists and are omnivores when the need be.  I know that parrots will eat, most foods, including meat and fish.  Also, they learn from observing other birds, and may do the same for other animals.  How it works biologically, I don't know.  I figure the first human to eat a clam must have been hungry and watched a gull...

Ned Hurle
ned at peaksparrots.com