[CT Birds] some birds around CT today
jim at duganworks.com
Wed Jan 25 20:04:18 EST 2012
From Jim Dugan & Renee Baade
New Milford & Newtown
- Bantam Lake, North Shore Rd. Bantam -- CACKLING GOOSE with deformed bill
- near Bloomfield Reservoir #3 -- dark morph SNOW GOOSE in flight with CANGs
- Windsor/Bloomfield Landfill -- first year THAYER'S GULL, first year ICELAND GULL
- South Windsor, Donnelly Preserve -- NORTHERN SHRIKE continues
- Madison, Hammonasset SP -- drake COMMON EIDER
- Stratford, around Sikorsky Airport -- BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES, 4:40PM, several pies worth, flew from row of trees on western marsh edge to north east over Airport grounds.
- New Milford -- a single PINE SISKEN at home feeders seen and heard by Jackie Dugan
No Grouse or Shrike found in Goshen, no Barnacle or Snow Geese found at Res#6, no Glaucous Gull found in Enfield, no Black-headed Gull found at Barn Island about 2:30 but Greater Yellowlegs continues.
More information about the CTBirds