[CT Birds] Hart to Hart (NHBC Trip, Saturday, January 28)

Stephen Broker ls.broker at cox.net
Fri Jan 27 21:11:17 EST 2012

From Steve Broker (Cheshire):
Concerning "Hart to Hart:  New Hartford to Hartland" - the New Haven Bird Club field trip to Barkhamsted Reservoir and vicinity:
We meet at Amity Shopping Center parking lot (by Route 63 and the bank) at 7:30 A.M. tomorrow.  We depart by car pool/caravan at 7:40 A.M., traveling Rte. 63, Rte. 67 to Seymour, Rte. 8 north to Torrington (Exit 44 Rte. 4), east on Rte. 202, north on Rte. 219, then 0.5 miles to Dings Road, turn west/left on Dings, then right on Maple Hollow Road to tree farm and Nepaug River parking pull off.  Arrival Time = 8:40 A.M..  We bird here for 1 hour, on the following roads:  Maple Hollow, Gray, Bruning, Rte 219 south back to Dings Road, east to Carpenter Road, and back north to 219.  We reach the center of New Hartford and parking lot (Torrington Savings Bank, Muddy Moose, Hoffman Hardware, Tonio's Pizzeria) by 10:00 A.M. and regroup for birding at the bridge over the Farmington River, then drive to Lake McDonough, Saville Dam, and a clockwise circuit of Barkhamsted Reservoir.