[CT Birds] Recommendation for a Birding Hike Monday morning

Jane Olsen olsenj at stlukesct.org
Sat Jan 28 10:16:37 EST 2012

Our school has a random day off on Monday, and I am looking for a place to
take one of my students on a birding hike Monday morning.  I consider
myself a neophyte birder, and I have discovered that walking a nice trail
in the woods doesn't necessarily yield any bird sightings at all.  I have
taken her to Audubon at Milford in the past, and we could go there, but I
was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of other places where we
are likely to see interesting birds at this time of year (we both have
active feeder stations in our yards, where we see lots of chickadees,
titmice, cardinals, nuthatches, downy and red-bellied woodpeckers, juncos,
house and gold finches - the usual suspects).  I would be happy to join up
with other birders, if someone has plans for Monday morning, and I would
even be willing to hire a guide for a reasonable fee, if someone is
available.  If you have a suggestion, please contact me at
olsenj at stlukesct.org.   Thank you!  I always enjoy reading the postings on
this list!

Jane Nicklin Olsen
Fifth Grade Teacher
St. Luke's School
377 N. Wilton Rd.
New Canaan, CT.

 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and any attachments and
destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a
person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized.