[CT Birds] Sam Wheeler Reed Park

Rob Ballinger rayn4est at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 20:47:22 EST 2012

I (and my friend) spoke to soon!  He has heard about another meeting on the
matter.  It sounds like plans have changed, but they still include planting
trees in the park.  He is gathering more information, but the meeting will
be 2/14.  I will report any other information I hear.  Keep fighting the
good fight.

On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Paul Desjardins <paul.desjardins2 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Right on!!!

[CT Birds] Sam Wheeler Reed Park
 Inbox
    zellene zellene at earthlink.net
 9:43 AM (10 hours ago)
   to ct
 Thanks to all who have written letters to our town officials...I have read
the ones that my spamblocker intercepted, too.

It appears now the the widow of Sam Reed who lives in Maryland heard about
this and is writing to our town officials as well as the Courant. She
states that Sam wanted the park as an open meadow, and that planting trees
would be in direct conflict with his wishes. This should carry a lot of
weight in Bloomfield.

Interestingly, I was told that she had agreed to this!

As I have said before, I love this place. I have spent years dealing with
the town to preserve the grasslands, and they are doing a great job now in
the timing of mowing, etc. For anyone who wants to visit the park, take
Cottage Grove Rd (rt.218) to the intersection with School St and go north
on School St. Park at the school on the left hand side and walk over. Not
much to see right now, except the wonderful view.

Zellene