[CT Birds] Sam Wheeler Reed Park

Rob Ballinger rayn4est at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 21:34:19 EST 2012

OK, I think I have better information now:

Samuel Wheeler Reed Park and the proposed War Memorial will be discussed
next at the Community Services Subcommittee, chaired by Donna Banks
(Council). Leon Rivers is the other Council member in attendance. It will
be Tuesday, Feb. 14, at 6:30 PM in Town Hall.****

** **

The town manager (see email address below) can forward any comments to the
Community Services Subcommittee – mentioned above.  Even though the meeting
is a couple of weeks away I would think that any letters or emails should
be sent  earlier so that there is time for people to digest the information.

**

** **

The more factual data the better (i.e. rare species that use grasslands,
rate of loss of grasslands, importance of edge communities, species known
or suspected of using habitat, species observed in this location,
importance of maintaining the size of the field, effects of habitat
fragmentation, effects of new species that could push out existing ones –
like oak = acorns = turkey = ???, anything else that anyone can think of).**
**

**

**

*Louie** **Chapman**, **Jr**.*