[CT Birds] Am. Bittern

donnacap at aol.com donnacap at aol.com
Tue Jan 31 14:02:21 EST 2012

Stratford, Birdseye Boat Ramp. 1/31/2012:
I finally got to see the Bittern.  It was at the end of the canal by the closed gate at 12:30 p.m. today feeding.  No sign of the Wilson's though.  Being what an older gentle called me once, a "birdtographer" (lol I suppose I should have been insulted?) I was happy to see it out in the open and able to get a few shots before rushing back to work.

And yes, it is annoying when other people - both birders and photographers, or  even "normal folk out for a walk" aren't more courtesy when there are others are also trying to get a look.  But I don't think anyone is being deliberate.  After all birds will be birds.... : )

Donna
Stratford