[CT Birds] West Haven Redhead et al

judymoore at optonline.net judymoore at optonline.net
Wed Feb 1 16:03:53 EST 2012

The drake REDHEAD was still at the West Haven Boat Launch around 1:30 today, standing out remarkably well in the huge flotillas of Scaup and Brant.  Fortunately, he was snoozing at the far left, which is where I began my search. Also seen earlier -- YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER at Madison feeder around 12:40.  I had to wait 50 minutes for it to appear, but it was well worth it!  And a single NORTHERN ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOW flying low near the treatment plant in East Shore Park.Judy MooreWoodbridge