[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Feb 3 23:12:50 EST 2012

Passing these along.

 From Annie and Mike Perko:
02/03/12 - Harris's Sparrow was seen between 9:30 and 10A.M. before
we had to leave. People still present at that time. Bird on Norwich
Ave. between Roger Foote Rd. and Geer Rd. in Lebanon,CT

 From Roy Harvey:
02/03/12 - Danbury -- over the Best Buy store, a kettle of about 15 vultures.  I was driving by and could not study them properly, but every bird I got a look at was a Black Vulture, and I suspect they all were.

 From Brian Kleinman:
The other day while waiting at a light in the center of Granby (rt 189 & 10) I had a noticeably smaller goose fly over in a small flock of Canada’s heading westerly towards McLean's Game Refuge.  There were many scattered flocks all heading the same direction.  I’m not sure where these geese are roosting or even feeding, but they’re probably somewhere within the area of Granby/Simsbury – double check those Canada flocks!

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT