[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow YES

Robley Evans rjeva at conncoll.edu
Wed Feb 1 15:13:07 EST 2012

I must have missed something important about this Harris sparrow's
appearance.  I have always assumed they are ordinary winter backyard types:
I have always had one at least each year; last year two; one this year in
the last snow, doing that habitual both feet scratching backward technique
that may work on forest litter but does nothing on ice.  No re-tooling in

Robley Evans
North Stonington CT