[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow - YES! - Finally!

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 19:38:17 EST 2012

>From Louise P. Tucker:
2/1/2012 - Norwich Ave., Lebanon - Saw my life Harris's  Sparrow 3 times in the usual spot between approximately noon and 1:15 when I left. Thanks to Annie and Dave Perko for finding and reporting the bird and to all those whose reports and advice helped me to find the bird. He is worth waiting for.

Hammonassett St. Park:  After 3:00 pm. No shorebirds, even at the end of the Moraine Trail.  3 Snow Buntings were on Pebble beach close to the marsh just before the land with the bushes rises for the trail. They were foraging in dried seaweed. There was a small flock of what I assume were Horned Larks flying around the big parking lot by the Nature Center.  Also seen were a male Common Eider and a Red-throated Loon. I could not find any Purple Sandpipers, or the Hooded Mergansers that had been in the Swan Pond for several weeks.

Louise P. Tucker
Enfield, CT