[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow---Thanks to Annie & Mike

Robert Bitondi rjbitondi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:15:38 EST 2012

Just to add to the chorus, thanks to Annie & Mike Perko for finding the
Harris's Sparrow and for being such great hosts for both the bird and
birders looking for it.  I finally saw it yesterday 2/3/12 at noon in
beautiful light, enough for some halfway decent photos, when it popped out
of the undergrowth to eat seed on the ground.  In my photos the bird's
upper mandible appears somewhat pinkish while the lower is more orange-ish,
and the black & white speckled crown is striking.  Great life bird.

Bob Bitondi
Pomfret