[CT Birds] Stratford today

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sun Feb 5 22:59:11 EST 2012

Passing this along.

 From Angela Dimmitt
2/5 Stratford/pond at end of Long Beach Blvd:  Male Eurasian Wigeon among American Wigeon and Gadwall etc.
- Pond at Surf & Lordship Blvd:- 2 Great Egrets (one standing in parking lot)
- Pond on Access Road behind new office building #611 - 4 immature Yellow-crowned Night-herons.  I believe Yellow, small spots, fat beaks, but light was terrible, into sun.
- Birdseye American Bittern eluded me once again - think it is a cruel hoax
New Haven/East Shore Park - No. rough-winged Swallow flew once again over the sewage works
West Haven boat ramp - a thousand or two Brant;  did not see Redhead

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT