[CT Birds] Great Backyard Bird Count next weekend and Windsor Landfill Gulling

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Feb 10 11:25:15 EST 2012

The Great Backyard Bird Count is quickly approaching.  This year's count will be Feb 17-20.  In this case, your backyard is all of Connecticut, so please consider submitting any sightings you may have over the holiday weekend.   Hopefully someone will be taking the ferry that weekend and can add some alcids to our total!  Our record high species count was in 2010, when we logged 141 species.   It would be tough for us to match that this year without any finches around, but with an excuse for us all to get out birding, who knows what we can find.  To that end, I plan to take Friday off and visit the Windsor Landfill to look for rare gulls.  The more eyes the better for that, so please let me know if any of you would like to join me there!

For more information about this count, and how you can participate, please see:
http://www.birdsource.org/gbbc/press/news-stories/gbbc-news-release-feb-2012

Sincerely,

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins