Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 12 19:55:24 EST 2012

Today, took a ride in NW CT through Canaan Mt, Twin Lakes and Salisbury areas.
It is amazing how dead this whole area was. Encountered a few groups of ROBIN,
with one group feeding in a Cedar tree with 2 CEDAR WAXWING, my FOY.

In a White-ash tree, we saw 2 male PURPLE FINCH feeding on ash seeds. Never saw
them eating these seeds before. Sure wish they were in with the other two winter
Finches whom I know eat them as well. We also saw only two RAVEN - very unusual

On Salmon Kill Rd in Salisbury, off to the west in one of the big fields, we saw
a pale form ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK on the ground with a kill. Very close near by were
3 deer. Don't know what was going on here. Both Twin lakes were 30% open, but
not one bird there cept a lone Herring gull.

The winter that never came................Paul  Carrier