[CT Birds] ICELAND GULL Circle Beach Madison..... K Mueller

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Tue Feb 14 11:42:05 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to mention, that this beach is private, but I met and
spoke with the residents who live near the beach and they are most
receptive and welcome birders looking at the Gull. Please respect the
beach and the area. You can park on the road (actually Circle Beach
Rd.) near the beach (park on the right side-keeping the road clear as
possible). The beach is on the left about 100 yards before the boat
ramp road on the right. There are a few older paths that go through
the beach scrub to the beach. If the Gull is there it will be mixed in
with the Gull roost on the beach or just out in the water. This
morning when I arrived, it was isolated on the small beach just as the
road changes from Neck Rd. to Circle Beach Rd. When I left it was
standing on the beach preening all the way to the western part of the
beach near the house.

THanks again, and enjoy this beautiful bird.

I will have plenty of pictures of this bird and the others in a few
days on my blog. Keep watching.

Keith

.......continues (dawn until 8:30) with great close views. It is still here.

K Mueller.     Killingworth