[CT Birds] Observing birds

Lorraine Gundersen raineg at comcast.net
Wed Feb 15 12:29:27 EST 2012

Guilford, CT 2-15-2012
Birds and their behavior always amaze me.  There is a spot in the back of our property that I will discard stale cake, breads or leftover food. Fox and coyote are the usual benefactor of these offering. But today I was amazed to watch a red-shouldered hawk and two crows sharing the leftover mac & cheese. The birds were within inches of each other and neither seemed to mind. Only one having a problem is the red-bellied woodpecker who is trying to chase the squirrel off the platform feeder.

Lorraine
Guilford,CT