[CT Birds] N. Shrike

pfavreau at cox.net pfavreau at cox.net
Wed Feb 15 15:13:55 EST 2012

>From Patrice Favreau:
2/15/12 - South Windsor, Donnelly Preserve, 12:10PM Northern Shrike close to high platform. Shrike looks like it has more black mask than when seen on CBC - unless my 2-month old memory is no good. Later had wonderful look at Red-shouldered Hawk that flew across wooded trail in front of me & perched; then dropped to ground & came up with a small snake in its talons - eventually flew off with it. Also had a circling Sharp-shinned Hawk above parking area.