[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:25:58 EST 2012

2/15  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center,  10AM-1Pm
cloudy, 45F, low, low tide
18 Green winged teal (mostly males) foraging through the marsh, Ring billed
gulls, 2 Mute swans, mallards, black ducks.
Cardinals, mourning doves, house sparrows & a song sparrow on the grounds.
I just returned from a trip to Costa Rica and we saw many of our northern
birds, which have migrated south for the winter.  It  brought home to me,
the complete cycle of migration , seeing warblers, shorebirds,waterfowl,
 some tanagers etc down there and they will be returning up here soon.
Beverly Propen, Orange