[CT Birds] Trumpeter Swans

louise tucker louise40pt at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 20:09:52 EST 2012

From: Louise P. Tucker
2/15/12 - Woodbridge, CT, Konold Pond - Approx. 3-4:00 pm - First, the pair of Trumpeter Swans were on the far side of the Pond. Then they flew toward Rte. 15 and disappeared for a while. They flew back on the far side then turned a flew straight toward 2 other birders and me. When they almost reached us (about 30 feet away) they turned and flew straight past us, calling. They then flew to the middle of the pond and stayed there awhile before flying toward Rte 15 and disappeared.  We had great looks. There were also 3 Mute Swans flying around the pond, so that we could compare the 2 species.
A few Lesser Scaup were also on the pond.
Louise P. Tucker, Enfield