[CT Birds] 2/15 Stratford ICGU, LBBG, EUWI, RLHA?
mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 16 08:39:44 EST 2012
>From Frank Mantlik
- Long Beach Blvd., McKinney Refuge - male EURASIAN WIGEON in Johnson Creek 8am
(as previously described by Charlie Barnard). Tina Green later saw it in the
"Warehouse" Pond. Two Wilson's Snipe in marsh along RR trail.
- Oak Bluff Ave., Long Beach - adult ICELAND GULL continues, 200 Common
- Short Beach Park (Dorne Dr.), 5 pm - 2 Adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS, with
evening roost of 500 gulls on offshore breakwater. Scope needed. Earlier, imm.
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW on old landfill fence near tennis courts.
- Frash Pond (Access Rd.) - 35 Canvasbacks, 6 Lesser Scaup.
- Rt. 113, Great Meadows Marsh, near Access Rd. intersection: An interesting
Buteo hawk, presumably the same one that P. Comins reported as a ROUGH-LEGGED
HAWK on 2/14. Also seen several times today with Charlie Barnard and Tina
Green. It's not a textbook bird, in appearance nor behavior. Better views and
>From Linda Mantlik
2/16 Milford, Anderson Ave. marsh - 2 Greater Yellowlegs.
More information about the CTBirds