[CT Birds] YTWA details

David F Provencher david.f.provencher at dom.com
Thu Feb 16 13:01:36 EST 2012

Julian, I had such high hopes your ne'er-do-well days were over... sigh. But I think the important point you made was that we only know one side of the story. June can only go by what her landlord said, and he may or may not have given her an accurate account. I have seen these sort of events a number of times, and sometimes there has been bad behavior on the birder's side (I've seen some very bad behavior indeed) and sometimes it is an event created by a predisposition against birders on the other side. I have experienced unreasonable anti-birder anti-environmentalist hostility on a number of occasions. Though admittedly I consider the concepts of anti-birder anti-environmentalist as unreasonable period! Regardless of the true nature of the event, this landowner's wishes must be respected.

Dave Provencher