[CT Birds] Fairfield CAS Larsen Sanctuary 2/15

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Thu Feb 16 13:23:10 EST 2012

 From Scott Kruitbosch:
02/15/12 - Fairfield, CAS Larsen Sanctuary -- 31 species including 2 WINTER WREN, 1 COMMON RAVEN, 3 Eastern Bluebird. Sightings/signs of 10 mammal species while I walked about 8.75 kilometers covering nearly all of the 155 acres. I rarely passed near the same area twice and tallied some strong numbers of common species like 36 Tufted Titmice, 14 White-breasted Nuthatch, and 72 Dark-eyed Junco. The birds are all here, they just may not need your backyard this winter.

If you want to see an owl pellet I found there take a look here: http://ctaudubon.blogspot.com/2012/02/owl-pellet-at-larsen-sanctuary.html

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society