[CT Birds] Breakfast Cooper's hawk - Washington, CT

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 18 08:42:05 EST 2012

While having breakfast this morning (Saturday, 18 Feb 2012) here in Washington, CT a Cooper's hawk made an attempt at a strike on one of the feather 'customers" by our bird feeder. The Cooper's hawk missed it's mark and sat briefly on a tree a bit above where our bird feeder is. The local Americans crows, who were busy with seeds on the ground below the feeder, were not impressed with the hawk and continued their looking for seeds. The smaller feeder feather 'customers' did take off but came back as soon as the Cooper's hawk left the area.

David W Babington
Washington, CT