[CT Birds] Stonington - Barn Island - Black-headed Gull

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sat Feb 18 16:31:04 EST 2012

We reviewed the pictures of the reported Bonaparte's Gull below and have revised our report to a BLACK-HEADED GULL. When reviewing the pictures later, field marks which could not be seen with a scope were noted revealing the identity. The bird was seen in the 1st impoundment - north side - from a distance and was last seen flying to the Sound.  I will forward pictures later for those that are interested.

Bill Asteriades

>From Bill Asteriades and Rick Macsuga

2/18/12 Waterford, Rt. 156 Powerlines - YELLOW-BREASTED CHAT, EASTERN PHOEBE and 2 WINTER WREN. Stonington, Barn Island - BLACK-HEADED GULL. Mystic, Ender's Island RAZORBILL (initially seen by Hank Golet)

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4GLTE