[CT Birds] Stratford Shoreline Birding

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Feb 19 08:45:33 EST 2012

12/17/2012
Stratford Boat Ramp
Common Mergansers (15) doing down river toward
2 Red Throated Loons in winter plumage (have only ever seen 1)
Coots
Gulls,
Gadwells
Am Black Duck
Mallards

12/18/2012
Stratford Boat Ramp.
Coots (18ish)
Gadwells (6)
2 Fish Crows
Gulls - Herring, Ring Billed and a few in transition I need to figure out (photos in link)
1 Male Red-winged Black Bird (2nd one this week!  First in RI on Monday!)
2 Song Sparrows

Frash Pond
Canvas Backs
Buffleheads
Scaup (pretty sure..photo in link)
1 Cormorant

Marshes along road to Long Beach  3 Killdeer (3rd telephone pole from beach entrance.
Dozen Am. Black Ducks
1 Northern Harrier (female)

Long Beach
5 Common Golden Eye,  Long beach between first two jetty's.
Gulls

Pond 550 at Long Beach Blvd.
1 Gadwell
1 GBH

Orange (Orange Center Road)
3 Black Vultures

Woodbridge
Trumpeter
Mallards
Canada Geese
Possible Ring Necked Ducks which at first I thought were Scaup?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150621720762439.408710.726347438&type=3&l=680c570df4

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT