[CT Birds] Details on the Western Grebe

Edward Dettore ctbirding at mail.com
Sun Feb 19 13:07:13 EST 2012

I was also in RI yesterday, and saw what I think was a Western Grebe. I was on the Cliff Walk near the, Breakers Mansion, looking into Easton Bay. It was about 11:30 a.m. I can't count it as a lifer because I didn't really I.D. it till I got home and saw the traffic on this site. I suppose it could have been a Clark's; however, I distinctively remember the bill being darker like a Western. I am weak on shore birds. What are the chances I saw a Western?