[CT Birds] Bald Eagles on Lake Whitney

Florence McBride j.mcbride at yale.edu
Mon Feb 20 14:06:26 EST 2012

2/20, 8:45 to about 9:00 a.m. -- Hamden, north end of Lake Whitney:
two adult Bald Eagles on a snag -- not the same snag as the one where
the Anhinga was first seen last June, but not far from it.  They were
perched very close together when I first saw them from Ingram Street;
when I got back to watch them from Greenway Street after a quick walk
home to get the camcorder, they were at the 2 ends of the snag, and
after a few minutes flew away.  Their flight was blocked from my view
by trees, but was in the direction of the area where the Mill River
flows into the north end of the lake.