[CT Birds] Pink-footed Goose

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Mon Feb 20 22:55:41 EST 2012

After enjoying very distant views of the Somers Pink-footed Goose earlier
this year, I was left lamenting two things.  Alas, it was too far to get
satisfying photos, and it was in Tolland County ( where I already have the
species) not Hartford County ( where I did not have the species).

Today, I was joined by the finder of Connecticut's first Pink-footed Goose,
Steve Morytko.  His magic struck again and we found and had great looks at a
(maybe the same) Pink-footed Goose, we got photos, and it was in Hartford
County.

Birding is crazy!

Photos below.

http://birddog55.zenfolio.com/p733006286