[CT Birds] NO Pink-Footed Goose, 2/21 AM

mresch8702 at aol.com mresch8702 at aol.com
Tue Feb 21 12:51:20 EST 2012

No luck with the Windsor Pink-footed Goose between 8:45 and 10:15 on 2/21.  There were about 300 Canada Geese grazing on the lawn behind 600 Day Hill Road, but no Pink-footed or Cackling Geese.  1 smaller Canada was there but it wasn't a Cackling.  There were also about 50 Canada Geese in a farm field a bit to the east of off Old Day Hill Road, 20 Canadas to the west on Day Hill Road, and 8 on the front lawn of 600 Day Hill (including 2 with yellow neckbands).  As I was leaving about 50 Canadas dropped into the pond at 500 Day Hill.

Also, as I was driving home on I-84 there were several flocks of geese numbering at least 500 birds flying to the NE looking to be migrating north (I might have been in Vernon at the time).  No apparent smaller goose with pink legs and dark bill, though I looked even at highway speeds.

Mike Resch
Pepperell, MA