[CT Birds] Harris's Sparrow, Yes, N. Shrike, No.

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 18:25:51 EST 2012

Marion Aimesbury took a ride to see the Harris's Sparrow. After waiting 50 minutes it showed itself briefly at 12:27 p.m., then continued to make brief visits until 12:50 p.m. when we left. An adult male Cooper's Hawk bombed into the hedgerow when we first arrived and kept things quiet for the first 10 minutes or so, before it flew off. We checked Horse Barn Hill in Storrs but did not see the N. Shrike reported yesterday and this morning. We did see a male Kestrel and a Red-tailed Hawk sitting on posts.  Frank Gallo